OUT OF AUSCHWITZ TO
WARN THE WORLD
- "A brilliant and heart-wrenching book."
-YUVAL NOAH HARARI
PRAISE FOR THE ESCAPE ARTIST
- "Riveting... fascinating... gripping... powerful."
-KIRKUS REVIEWS (STARRED REVIEW]
- "Immersive, shattering... an immediate modern classic."
-SIR SIMON SCHAMA
- "Rudi Vrba, a Slovakian teenager, got away from Auschwitz in order to alert the world
to the horrors he witnessed there. Most of his intended recipients declined to read his
stomach-churning report, didn't believe it, or didn't care. We have it within us to care
now. I didn't know Vrba's name previously. I will remember it for the rest of my life."
-MELISSA FAY GREENE. PRIZE WINNING AUTHOR OF THE TEMPLE BOMBING
AND PRAYING FOR SHEETROCK
- "I thought I knew the Auschwitz story, but Freedland retells it from a fresh angle
so powerfully that I read it with my heart beating fast, full of horror, rage,
despair and admiration, for this potent demonstration of the stubborn
resilience of the human spirit."
-TRACY CHEVALIER, BESTSELLING AUTHOR OF GIRL WITH A PEARL EARRING
- "This biography not only meticulously recounts the truth but also shows the
unwillingness and inability of people to accept it. The past isn't over, and Jonathan
Freedland's well-researched and compelling book is the irrefutable proof of that."
-ROXANE VAN IPEREN. AUTHOR OF THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING
THE SISTERS OF AUSCHWITZ
- "The command that we 'never forget' the Holocaust can rightfully be traced to a
young man who exposed the horrors of Auschwitz by virtue of his extraordinary
memory and tremendous bravery. As told by the gifted writer Jonathan Freedland,
The Escape Artist is a story I'll always remember."
-MITCHELL ZUCKOFF, NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR
OF FALL AND RISE AND 13 HOURS
- "A thrilling read, a piece of redemptive storytelling, and a work of important
Holocaust historical research... a book that I couldn't put down."
-SIMON SEBAG MONTEFIORE
6.3" x 9.3"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.