Hacham Yom Tob Yedid
Who Led His People With Courage and Strength
A Story of Leadership and Courage -
and the Awesome Power of Torah
- When it Came to Torah and Truth - He Would Not Bend.
In Days of Glory and Days of Peril - He Would Not Surrender.
- Chacham Yom Tob Yedid HaLevi lived an epic life of courage and
devotion through his decades as Chief Rabbi of the glorious
Halab (Aleppo) community.
- As the community’s leader during its last days, he courageously
faced challenges, torture, and threats. Amidst the confusion and
turmoil, Hacham Yom Tob had the enormous responsibility of
keeping his community devoted to Torah and tradition. And he
accomplished the impossible: Halab remained as it had for centuries,
a city where everyone kept Shabbat, prayed in the Bet Knesset, and
stayed connected to Torah.
- How did he do it? How did a young man, thrown into a role with
great responsibility, respond so fearlessly, demonstrating wisdom
and leadership well beyond his years?
- In a saga that spans more than a century, For the Sake of Heaven
takes us on an epic journey from Halab of old to tree-lined Brooklyn
streets. With its fascinating twists and turns, this is a biography that
reads almost like a novel, leaving us awed as we see so clearly the
impact of one who devotes his life to teaching and studying Torah.
- Read this book to be inspired by this incredible story of heroism,
courage and the power granted to one who is totally devoted to
WATCH: Inside ArtScroll with Rabbi Meyer Yedid, son of Hacham Yom Tob Yedid,
on his father's incredible story of heroism, courage, and unbridled love of Torah
6.3" x 9.3"
Artscroll Mesorah Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.