- Volume One - Self Awareness And Dealing With Challenges
One day someone came to tell me that Rav Isaac had called me for a meeting. I presumed that it was some kind of a preliminary meeting for a shidduch, so I got my jacket and tie and went to his house. When I got there I saw that there was no one home but him.
- "Did the Rosh Yeshiva call me for a meeting?" I asked.
- "Yes. I called you for a meeting with your yetzer haʼra," he answered.
- "Why does the Rosh Yeshiva think I have a yetzer ha'ra? I am keeping up with the learning schedule that the Rosh Yeshiva made for me. What am I doing wrong?"
- Rav Isaac answered, "Don't be offended when I tell you that you have a yetzer ha'ra. We all have a yetzer ha'ra. The only question is how we deal with it."
- Rav Shlomo Hoffman zt"l was a student of Kthe Chevron Yeshiva seventy to eighty years ago. He was among those who established a close connection with Rav Isaac Sher zt"l, and merited to receive from him guidance in avodas Hashem, the understanding of the human nefesh, and the foundations of man's purpose in this world.
- Throughout his life, from a young age until his passing on Purim 5773, Rav Hoffman assist- ed those who were in need of professional men- tal health counseling. Gedolei Yisrael (foremost among them Rav Shach zt"l), Roshei Yeshiva, and school principals were greatly assisted by Rav Hoffman's advice and wisdom.
- In the last thirty years of his life, he agreed to the request of bnei Torah to give vaadim (private lectures) to small groups and individuals in matters of self-awareness, chinuch, and avodas Hashem. These vaadim were eventually organized and published under the title, Sichos im HaRav Shlomo Hoffman, the first volume in an upcoming series. The first half deals with anxiety over sin and failure. Rav Hoffman shows how to correct one's sins in a way that uplifts him and does not throw him into despair and misery. The second half deals with self-awareness of the kochos ha'nefesh.
- The responses received from across the Jewish world were phenomenal. Parents and educators, young and old, Torah scholars and laymen, mental health professionals and counselors - all enjoyed the unique depth of wisdom that Rav Shlomo had to share. Many commented that the sefer changed their outlook on life. It gave them new tools for education and for understanding the kochos ha'nefesh of their children and students.
- Now the English-speaking public can also be part of the amazing influence this sefer has had across the Torah world. Read and discover... the Secrets of the Soul.
Rav Shlomo Hoffman
6.3" x 9.3"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.