- The Jewish community in Frankfurt is blossoming. Shuls, Torah institutions, chessed organizations and a well-run Jewish community with rabbanim leading and guiding, and dedicated activists ensuring the people's welfare. The Chasam Sofer has just begun his rabbinical position in the city.
- On other shores, in Eretz Yisrael, the "Maharyt" - Rav Yom Tov Elgazi - serves as the Chief Rabbi of Yerushalayim and rosh yeshivah of Yeshivat Hamekubalim Beit E-l. He and Rav Yaakov Chazzan are heading out on a long journey to various Jewish communities in the Diaspora to collect money for the poor of Eretz Yisrael. One of their stops is in Frankfurt, where they meet with the Chasam Sofer and the other city rabbis, who offer their assistance.
- It is during this historical event that a fascinating story of conspiracy and intrigue unfolds. A Jewish moneylender, a wicked non-Jewish partner, a few curious Jewish children...and rabbanim whose eyes can see very, very far.
- This book contains breathtaking illuUstrations that portray Jewish life in those days with authenticity and profound attention to detail.
- Who is Mr. Lielenthal? What did Gustavo's hoodlums want? And what did activist Rav Don Guggenheim predict?
- Find the answers to these questions and more, in the pages before you.
9.7" x 13.3"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.