- A Compendium of Practical Halachah
- The Sabbath is a time of joy and celebration, a day of spiritual growth and family bonding in the service of its Maker, and living testimony that He created the world in six days and rested on the seventh.
- There is more. The proper observance of the Sabbath requires knowledge of a large and complex body of Halachah, one that becomes more complex as advances in technology force people to grope for how to apply timeless principles to new situations.
- Modern affluence and appliances have virtually mandated the creation of a new body of Sabbath law. The "Shabbos Kitchen" of the 1990's is a far cry from Bubby's kitchen in the shtetl or even the Lower East Side. Many of the questions are the same - such as how to set a table or prepare salads without violating the laws of selecting. Many of the questions are new, because the modern kitchen, with its labor-saving devices, presents new challenges.
- This unique and valuable book gives answers and guidance, clearly and authoritatively.
- The author, Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen, is a highly respected scholar in the demanding field of applying and codifying the laws of the Sabbath for the Jews of today. His other books in this field are acclaimed by halachic authorities in America and Israel, and they have become authoritative and well-thumbed handbooks for many thousands of people. They include decisions, some newly published, by such masters as Harav Moshe Feinsten zt"l, Harav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach zt"l, and Harav Chaim Pinchas Scheinberg zt"l.
- This work is a distinguished and valuable addition to the new genre of halachic works that are responding to today's need for comprehensive answers to new and practical questions that arise week in, week out.
|Author:||Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen|
|Size:||6.3" x 9.3"|
|Imprint:||Artscroll Mesorah Publications|
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.