In The Modern Era
- "A comprehensive, well-researched work...scholarly, interesting,
and clear, and I am sure so many will benefit from reading it."
Rav Yitzchak Berkovits
Rosh Yeshiva Of Aish Hatorah, Rosh Kollel of Jerusalem Kollel
"Talmud Reclaimed...can offer insight to everyone who studies
Talmud. We are all better off for [the author's] efforts."
Professor Of Law, Villanova University
- "A very impressive work on many levels...extensively researched,
scholarly but absolutely faithful to the mesorah...helpful
both to the novice and to the seasoned talmid chacham...
Rabbi Phillips has already authored a masterful book, Judaism
Reclaimed, which received wide acclaim. He has, in my judgment,
surpassed himself with this book."
Rav Yitzchak Breitowitz
Rav of Kehillas Ohr Somayach, Jerusalem
Discussions In This Unique Work Include:
• What makes the Babylonian Talmud legally binding?
• Which parts of the Talmud were taught directly at Sinai?
• How and when can Talmudic law be amended?
• How should we approach Talmudic laws that appear outdated?
• How should a traditional student of the Talmud view
academic Talmud scholarship?
• Evolution and revolution in approaches to Talmudic analysis
• Fundamental methodological differences between
Ashkenazic and Sephardic Talmudic traditions
6.3" x 9.3"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.