- Sandwiched between the simchah of a boy's bris and the
simchah of his bar mitzvah is yet another simchah: that of
his upsherin. In actuality, this is really the celebration of a child
beginning to learn Torah, and indeed it is cause for a truly
- What exactly is the source for the minhag of an upsherin?
What are the reasons behind it? What does it entail? In The
Upsherin, you will find a wealth of information and sources that
clarify the background and the many halachos and minhagim
that relate to a child's third birthday and his introduction to
Torah study. The minhag of bringing the child to the "Aleph-
Beis rebbi" in cheder is explained in detail, as well as the
halachos of yarmulka and tzitzis as they apply to children.
- May the upsherin be done earlier than the child's third
- Who should cut the child's hair, and what should be
done with the hair afterward?
- What is the proper size for a yarmulka and tzitzis?
- What does the chiyuv of chinuch entail?
- Why is a child's Torah learning considered to be even
greater than that of our gedolim?
- All of these questions and more are addressed in this one
-of-a-kind book that is both comprehensive and enlightening,
yet easy-to-read and enjoyable.
Rabbi Chaim Shmuel Weber
6.3" x 9.3"
Israel Bookshop Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.