The World of Special Needs
Special voices, special stories,
in a very special book.
- Everyone who knew him was mesmerized by Saadya Ehrenpreis a"h, the
young man with Down syndrome who confounded all the experts. He would
be totally dependent for every basic need, the doctors predicted; he had little or
no chance of ever communicating. Yet Saadya developed into a man who could
read in Hebrew and English, traveled by himself to learn in Eretz Yisrael, and
attended the Makor College Experience program at Yeshiva University.
- After his untimely passing from COVID-19, his mother, Ahava Ehrenpreis,
a talented author, chose to memorialize his life through filling a pressing need
- providing a book that would serve as both a resource and an inspiration to
parents, relatives, friends, and professionals dealing with children and adults who
have special needs. More: To compile a book for everyone who believes that
every person is special and should be treated with understanding, compassion,
acceptance, and respect.
More Than Special is that book – a book for those who want to deepen
and expand their own ahavas Yisrael. And doesn't that mean all of us?
More Than Special includes:
- The authentic, honest, and heroic voices of parents who give us a
greater understanding of the challenges - and miracles - of raising
- Advice from social workers and experts in the field of special education
on how to create opportunities for individuals with special needs
- Guidance in legal and financial safeguards for special-needs children
- Rabbanim discussing halachic and hashkafic issues of the special-needs
population, including poignant and heartfelt words of chizuk from Rav
Moshe Shapiro and the Pnei Menachem
6.3" x 9.3"
Artscroll Mesorah Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.