Inspiration and Elevation
- ▸ Did you know that you can sometimes find angels (well,
human angels) in a beachfront restaurant?
- ▸ Would you believe that from the ruins of the building in
Surfside could come an unbelievable story of kavod haTorah?
- ▸ Have you ever really understood the remarkable miracle of
Danish Jewry's escape from the Nazis?
- In The Grandeur of the Maggid, Rabbi Paysach Krohn's tenth collection
of inspiring stories, the "American Maggid" outdoes himself, bringing
us true stories that elevate as they entertain, that illuminate as they
inspire. He finds the grandeur in the lives of ordinary Jews - because
he knows there is no such thing as an "ordinary" Jew! And, of course,
he finds the grandeur in the lives and deeds of our Torah and communal
leaders, with absorbing biographical sketches of Rav Chaim Kanievsky.
Rav Yechiel Yaakov Weinberg, Rav Nota Greenblatt, and Rabbi Moshe
Neuman zecher tzaddikim livrachah.
- Describing his mentor, Rav Sholom Schwadron - the famed and
beloved "Maggid of Jerusalem" - Rabbi Krohn says: "He could make
people cry and make them laugh, but more than anything else, he
made them listen. And afterward, people would walk away saying, 'He
was talking to me.'"
- That was true then, in the holy, winding streets of Yerushalayim. And
it is true now as well, in our lives, as "The American Maggid" makes us
cry and laugh - and as he talks to our very souls.
Rabbi Paysach Krohn
6.3" x 9.3"
Artscroll Mesorah Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.