- In the twilight of the Second Beis Hamikdash era, the Third Division of the Twelfth Legion of the Roman army is summoned from Syria to bolster Titus's army. On the way to Yerushalayim, the forces pass through a small, neglected village perched at the foot of a volcanic mountain in the Golan. The cavalrymen attack the hapless residents, set fire to the decrepit huts, and capture one of the village children, Yehudah.
- Yehudah's father, in search of his son, sets out on a long, harrowing journey across a bloody, ruined land - a journey that ends in besieged Yerushalayim.
- Yosef Cohen gives us a breathtaking fictional account based on the Midrash and works of our Sages. Sacrifice: A Father's Search for His Son During the Destruction of the Second Temple, is a sweeping drama that pulls on the soul's innermost chords, evoking a melody - the melody of a broken heart.
- It will be hard to remain unmoved after reading Sacrifice. It is a story of faith, of a turbulent dream and dreadful disillusionment.
- Sacrifice is a song and a lamentation:
- a lamentation over the desolate city, a song about the Beis Hamikdash and the Mizbe'ach.
- Sacrifice is actually a memory, a memory of a world that was, and a glimmer of what will soon be rebuilt...
- An evocative translation of the best selling Hebrew edition.
6.3" x 9.3"
Israel Bookshop Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.