I am holding the CD in trembling hands.
What have you done to yourself? What have you done to me? I slam the door closed.
"You betrayed me, that's what you did, " I cry-moan into the dark, empty room.
My whole body is quivering now. With injustice, with fury, with pity for myself-and somewhere, somewhere, for you too.
- Music is in Naomi's blood. She's grown up with song. But why is the masterpiece she created together with Dad driving them ever further apart?
- While researching a science report, Naomi discovers that whales in the ocean make underwater "music" to find and connect with members of their family. But her own family's music is discordant, off-key. Even as she tries to find Dad, to find herself, even as she feels like a lost whale trying to connect...
- And what is she left with when she turns away from the music she cannot bear to listen to? A new school with a confusing social scene; fledgling, half-hearted relationships. A home emptier of everything but questions.
- But also...a vivacious teacher trying to bring an eclectic group of girls together. A brother who understands. And maybe others, more than she cares to admit, who do too...
- Can Naomi learn to forgive her father for his betrayal? Can she build a deeper relationship with her mother, allow herself to connect with her peers? Can she show her rich inner self to the world?
- Song of the Sea is the poignant story of an introverted teen and the challenges and misjudgments she faces. It is a beautifully written and thought-provoking novel that will move you to find the song in the great sea of different people. To hear the song within yourself.
6.3" x 9.3"
Israel Bookshop Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.