To Bring Your Tefillos Alive
- Prayer. That unique form of communication between us and our Creator; the connection that brings us close to Him while simultaneously effecting our own yeshuos.
- But prayer doesn't always come naturally to us, especially when we have a hard time understanding or relating to the tefillos. Portraits of Prayer's goal is to change that.
- In this second volume of Portraits of Prayer, the tefillos of Birchos Krias Shema through Shemoneh Esrei, as well as the tefillos after Shemoneh Esrei, are explored and beautifully explained. Fascinating and inspiring stories abound throughout the pages, bringing to life the verses from the siddur that we say each day, and helping us see the relevance of these words to our own reality.
- As with Volume 1 of this highly-in-demand series, you'll find yourself turning to Portraits of Prayer frequently as a way to connect to your tefillos...and to your Father in Heaven.
- HASHEM GAVE RAV ELIEZER ABISH a tremendous zechus; he has accomplished a wonderful thing. After the Beis Hamikdosh was destroyed, we weren't able to bring korbanos anymore, but Hashem said that tefillos are more precious to Him than korbanos. What a wonderful zechus he has to present the tefillos in a way that is appealing to people, thereby assisting them to appreciate their davening.
-Harav Gamliel Rabinovitch, Rosh Hayeshivah, Yeshivah Hamekubalim Sha'ar Hashamayim, Yerushalayim
- IT IS CRITICAL for our generation that people enjoy their davening; that they understand and find deep meaning in their tefillos. We can be sure that this work will leave a strong impression on all who have the pleasure to read and learn from it.
-Harav Yitzchok Sorotzkin, Rosh Hayeshivah, Telz, Mesivta of Lakewood
Rabbi Eliezer L. Abish
7" x 10"
Israel Bookshop Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.