- Ever the practical, down-to-earth posek, Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen concentrates on the areas of Halachah that affect every home and family. His previous works have become indispensable handbooks in countless homes, where such laws as those of the Shabbos kitchen, the use of appliances, child-raising, non-Jewish household help and many others are no longer shrouded in mystery and ignorance. He has the exceptional ability to explain the underlying principles of the laws, so that the reader understands how to apply them to new situations.
- In this new book, Rabbi Cohen brings his popular and authoritative approach to the complex laws of muktzeh. In his inimitable manner, he makes them clear and comprehensible and shows how principles merge with practice. After laying the groundwork of the Halachah, he presents hundreds of common cases with the correct rulings. Rabbi Cohen embellishes his own work with rulings of the geonim Rabbi Moshe Feinstein and Rabbi Shlomo Zalman Auerbach, with whom he personally consulted for many years.
- What are the different kinds of muktzeh? May they ever be used? If so, which ones? What about a newly arrived fax? Mail? A screwdriver? A hammer and a stone are both muktzeh, but one may sometimes be used - which and why? The answers are all here. Even better, the "whys" and "whens" are clear.
- The Chofetz Chaim used to say that without knowledge and understanding of the laws, even the most pious people may innocently desecrate Shabbos. He wrote and appealed to people to study the laws so that they would banish error from their lives. Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen is carrying out that sacred charge - and is doing it in a stimulating and enjoyable manner. This book is another entry in his honor roll of service to the Jewish community.
- Like Rabbi Cohen's other books, this one belongs in every Jewish home!
Rabbi Simcha Bunim Cohen
6.3" x 9.3"
Artscroll Mesorah Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.