for Torah and talmidim
- He was a self-made man. Yes, he came from a princely family of Torah
greatness. Yes, he was endowed with superb intellect. But perhaps it can
be said that Rav Elya Meir Sorotzkin soared to greatness despite these unique
qualities, not because of them! Because his was a life of constant growth.
- The fact that he was gifted never stopped him from trying even harder.
As a young bachur, he understood that he would only be able to truly grow
In Torah away from his home in Telshe Cleveland. Only when he was just
another talmid, not the son of the Rosh Yeshivah. Nothing could stop him, not
homesickness, not a different culture, nothing. Rather, his challenges built him.
That is the person you will meet in this book, Rav Elya Meir Sorotzkin.
- He became a rosh yeshivah at a very young age and, with "blood, sweat,
and tears," as he would often say, built the yeshivah into one of America's
premier institutions. More: He built individual talmidim. Because he personally
went through the painstaking process of self-discovery and growth, he was
able to identify with the struggles and triumphs of his talmidim in a way that
- The last years of life were akin to a flame that burns increasingly bright
before it is extinguished. Nothing could stop him from carrying on with his
life's mission of learning and teaching Torah, transmitting Torah In its purity
and splendor to his talmidim.
- His body was battered. His doctors viewed his ability to continue delivering
his shiur until the last day that he was conscious as a medical miracle.
- It wasn't.
- It was a culmination of a life of ratzon, of willpower, of never letting the
physical get in the way of the spiritual.
- This book will give you a deep appreciation for Torah. It will show you what
a lifelong impact a rebbi can have on his talmidim and later their wives and
children too. On every page there is an inspiring story with which any reader
- This book will elevate you, inspire you... and obligate you.
6.3" x 9.3"
Artscroll Mesorah Publications
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.