Dear Rebbe explores in depth the correspondence between the Rebbe and sculptor Jacques Lipchitz, singer Jan Peerce, writer Chaim Grade and Holocaust survivor David Chase. These four people's lives are examined through their Jewish prism and how they reacted to the Rebbe's calling for living their life more Jewishly.
- "Illuminating hitherto unknown aspects of their spiritual lives and of the Rebbe's influence and reach. A moving and revealing volume."
-Jonathan D. Sarna, Professor of American Jewish History, Brandeis University and author of American Judaism: A History
- "Extremely interesting are the insights here into the Rebbe's attempt to include the secular arts in his optimistically positive view of the world."
-Lawrence H. Schiffman, Judge Abraham Lieberman Professorship in Hebrew & Judaic Studies, NYU
- "Zaklikowski manages to bring to life the vibrant impact that the Rebbe had upon those near and far."
-Vera Schwarcz, Emerita Professor of History and East Asian Studies, Wesleyan University
- "An intimate glance at the way the Rebbe interacted with human beings from diverse backgrounds and vocations."
-Elliot R. Wolfson, Chair in Jewish Studies, University of California, Santa Barbara
- "Dear Rebbe is a wonderful - even a neccessary - book."
Curt Leviant, Emerita Professor of Yiddish and Hebrew Literature, Rutgers University
- "Dear Rebbe, by Dovid Zaklikowski, makes public the private... we experience the masterfulness of a very great master."
-Michael Berenbaum, Executive Editor of the Encyclopedia Judaica
5.7" x 8.7"
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.